I often joke that I couldn’t live in a place that doesn’t have four seasons. I’d rather have the occasional frigid temps—and the necessary wool and tweed and down—than sunny skies that negate these items. Here’s what I’m lusting after this fall. Overall, the mood is super glam (always) and slightly mad. It’s a good season.
1. Something from Miu Miu. I tend to gravitate toward a particular collection and I love everything Miu Miu sent down the runway for Autumn/Winter 2017: shoes, belts, bags, dresses, skirts. I’d love to grab one or two things from this madcap collection, whether it’s a shoe, bag or skirt. I adore the tweed skirts and the tartan plaid pump with the fabulous buckle is simply perfect for fall and beyond.
2. Something super sparkly. I am craving a major dose of sparkle right now and not for Christmas, but for cozy autumn days and evenings. I have my eye on the black Junya Watanabe paillette-embellished sweatshirt and I love the MSGM turtlenecks, especially the one in gold. I also have a sequined dress on a deep wish list—that is going to take some time since the ones I like are pretty pricey and I need to find the right one on sale. I’m also really into sequined stripes.
3. A ski sweater. I think it snowed twice in Chicago last winter but that doesn’t mean I won’t be pulling out some heavy duty knits to hit the streets come December—and this year, the more they look made for the slopes, the better.
4. A velvet bag. The Gucci Marmont bag ignited my interest in a velvet bag, but now I’m really leaning toward one of the YSL ones here. I love the chevron pattern in rich velvet with simple and strong hardware.
5. The Roger Vivier sneaker. I have had my eye on the Roger Vivier skater shoes for a while. The buckle is irresistible. I’ll take a sandal, but the skater shoe is a major wish list item.
6. A super statement shoe. A quick glance around this site and it’s glaringly obvious how much I love a statement shoe. So why not go broke with feathers and fancy buckles and just more.
7. Puffer coat. The puffer jacket I want is either shiny, brightly colored, oversized or embellished with stripes—or all of the above.
8. A striped midi A-line skirt. I love a feminine A-line silhouette and this fall it must come in wool (or lurex) and include stripes (and preferable fall hues). I’m obviously pointing to the Miu Miu skirts but I also love the rainbow-striped metallic midi from Gucci.
What’s on your wish list? I’d love to hear about it!