The gifts here are for the romantic: the girl who likes feminine looks, is a little nostalgic (or a lot) and lives with lots of interesting layers. At the same time, she’s a thoroughly modern girl, therefore nothing can be too literal. She likes a wink, a twist, a splash of color. Recognize her?
1. Maje dress. I have had my eye on this dress for a while. The prim collar is pure romance, while the swingy A-line mini skirt keeps it modern.
2. Rizzoli book. The romantic girl likes her piles of books and this one featuring Diana Vreeland’s correspondence promises to be dishy. I adore the unique subject—it would definitely give a living room a punch of personality.
3. Carven dress. Another dress I’m lusting over this season. Lace feels so fresh and this wine color is my favorite of the season (surprising because I was never a fan of this hue until now). The gathered waist gives it an extra dose of romance.
4. Dolce & Gabbana shoes. I’ve been having a love affair with Dolce & Gabbana’s embellished shoes and I really—really—want to get my hands on something from the “Mamma” collection. These says “Je-taime mamma.” Swoon.
5. Kate Spade tray. The romantic girl appreciates a little home for all her odds and ends, and this tray has an old Hollywood glam vibe that she’s sure to love. Good for mail, jewelry, makeup brushes, anything.
6. Acne blouse. What’s more romantic than a pussy-bow blouse. It instantly makes you feel more feminine and sophisticated. Thanks to a slightly boxy cut and thick black bow against the white blouse, this one from Acne also has modern edge. A little romance, a little rock-n-roll.
7. Aquazurra shoes. The adjective that comes to mind when I see Aquazzura shoes: voluptuous. They are flaunting and beautiful. They are for ladies who laugh out loud. And this bright snakeskin: muy caliente.
8.Paper goods. The romantic girl still writes things down. She sends thoughtful hand-written cards; she has notebooks. She appreciates pretty paper goods. These ones from Rifle and Pike Street Press definitely make snail mail worth it. (I’m having a thing lately with items that are so ugly, they’re cute, and therefore I am sort of obsessed with ugly sweaters for Christmas and really want the notecards above for myself.)
9. Alexander McQueen clutch. The McQueen clutches are my favorite—they fit perfectly in your hand during an evening out and this wine-colored velvet one looks like it came straight out of the Victorian age to make a modern-day statement. Love.
Top photo shot by Ashely of Sed Bona at The Peninsula Chicago.