Welcome to the first of the Noir Friday gift guides. This one is for the city girl—in either actual citizenship, frequent traveler to or spirit (she’s all about that cool downtown look). All these gifts have true city girl cred–and all are on sale or otherwise under $100.[Photo of me by Ashley of Sed Bona. Shot rink-side at the The Peninsula Chicago.]
1. Markus Lupfer sweatshirt. A quirky statement sweatshirt is a must and this one from Markus Lupfer is so cool, it hurts. Since these tend to sell out quickly, I have linked to a bunch below, including ones that are not on sale yet because I expect them to be very soon, especially because Luisaviaroma has a slew of them. There are some other fun prints that I like a lot, too.
2. Gucci boot. The calf-length boot is totally fresh and this one by Gucci fills all the cool-girl requirements: sleek, black and versatile. Dress it up, dress it down. Wear it to coffee, wear it to dinner. Wear it everywhere.
3. Eugenia Kim hat. A warm hat is a must in the city during winter and the Eugenia Kim hats with the giant pom poms are perfection. The black and white combo is my favorite.
4. Miu Miu pumps. I love these Miu Miu pumps for bringing razzle-dazzle while still being comfortable—key when you’re dashing from taxi to restaurant to theater.
5. Anya Hindmarch card case. The city girl loves a good wink and this case is perfect for stashing a subway card and other essential plastic.
6. Acne sweater. Cool girls love the Acne brand and a cozy sweater is an major part of the city girl’s wardrobe—plus the turtleneck is suddenly cool again.
7. Proenza Schouler brooches. Another cool-girl brand, these brooches bring the city girl that signature accessory she always looks for.
Shop them all below, with alternatives in various price points.
Up next: Gifts for the jetsetter.